Be a Contributor
If you would like to contribute, please paste your entire submission as well as a brief bio into the body of an email and send it to AlbertaCraftAlert at gmail.com. Do not send multiple submissions at a time. We reserve the right to edit stories for length and content.
If your submission is time sensitive, please say so in the subject line as well.
If your submission is accepted, the editors will contact you as soon as possible with more information. There is no payment for online stories.
Bio: Please enclose a brief (2-3 sentences) biographical sketch at the end of your story so that we will have it on hand if we publish your article.
Deadlines: Are rolling and not definite.
Events: If you can get a few pictures of the event – awesome. Send those along too.
- Write how you talk. There is a time and place for proper grammar and we will correct the horrible or offending.
We want you to be you.
- Think about what you want your readers to take away after they have read your article. Keep this always in mind when you’re writing your article.
- If there are steps or directions, put them in a bulleted list so it is easily scannable and can be tracked quickly in among a lot of writing.
- Make titles actionable “The #1 way to Increase Sales, 3 Table Designs that Attract Customers, Can’t Dance? Learn 2-Step Shipping Instead!
- Read it over and edit, edit, edit.
- Keep it concise and to the point. Article length can very depending on the subject but remember, people are reading this online and lots of words means eye strain.