Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/marissas/public_html/albertacraftalert/wp-content/themes/deliciousmagazine/functions/admin-hooks.php on line 160

On the Hunt: Did Royal Bison Give You A Shot?

So, I went for it this year.

Stepped out of my comfort zone.

Went out on a limb and applied for the Royal Bison Craft Show in Edmonton.  A very different type of show from others that I’ve done in the past.

For those who haven’t heard of it, The Royal Bison is a fun, Indie show featuring quirky and independent local artists. I’ve heard for years that it’s a hard show to get accepted into but I figured I’d try because, hey, I’ve got tons of experience with shows, my style is unique and fun, I’m a shoe-in.

Well, not quite a shoe -in I guess, as I received my thank you for applying but we can’t fit you into the show this time email. That’s ok though; I’m happy I went out on that limb and tried and I’m sure tons of talented artists made it into the show.

So now. Show of hands, who was accepted into Royal Bison? What new and exciting artists will be showcasing their wares at this funky event in Edmonton? Did Royal Bison give you a shot?

Tags: ,

Author:Jasmin

Attracted to shiny things, hence my fascination with making jewellery, I also make fun things involving dinosaur buttons and felt. Mad organizational skills in the office that never quite seem to transition to the home front, but what is life without a little chaos?

11 Responses to “On the Hunt: Did Royal Bison Give You A Shot?”

1. October 8, 2012 at 3:19 pm #

Don’t feel bad…I’ve been applying since it started and have yet to get in!

• Jasmin
      October 8, 2012 at 4:15 pm #

Haha, not feeling to badly! Just wondering, after speaking to a few people who were rejected, who got in???

• March 24, 2017 at 3:17 am #

No conpialmts on this end, simply a good piece.

2. Marissa
    October 9, 2012 at 8:52 am #

Yah – we want to feature them if they got in. We love our Alberta vendors!

3. October 9, 2012 at 9:00 am #

It’s always the same from previous shows. I know my friends Fridget Apparel will be there and Kiko Jewelry too.

4. Marissa
    October 9, 2012 at 9:06 am #

Oh cool – Fridget Apparel does the Fox & Finery pop up right?

5. October 13, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

Don’t stress about it. Royal Bison never accepts newbies for the winter show from what I understand. And even then, not always second timers. I did the spring show and still didn’t get into this round. Waitlisted.

• Jasmin
      October 21, 2012 at 5:35 pm #

I’m not to stressed about it. It’s just to bad they don’t diversify! Hopefully you’ll get in!

6. TashaA
    October 24, 2012 at 10:49 am #

I have done the royal bison for the past 4 or 5 christmas shows. It’s a real success! this year however I was not accepted… slightly bummed but then I don’t live in Alberta (a recent thing) so not that big of a surprised that I didn t get in. Over the past couple of years the shows popularity has grown so much, and the space size is not that big that they can t fit everyone in. They do their best to get new people in, and I think this year is one of those years. Loads of new local artists participating. I wish all the new artists and all the vetran artists loads of luck!!!

That being said, if you didn t get in, you can always ask the organizers why you haven t been accepted and any suggestions where you can make improvements with your work. Part of the art world… sometimes you get yes’s and sometimes you get nos, but you never stop trying.

7. Marissa
    October 25, 2012 at 11:23 am #

Great advice TashaA! What do you sell?

• TashaA
      October 29, 2012 at 4:40 pm #

Fibre works consisting of Hand woven works, knitting, and crochet work.